Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Something cool happening in P-Town

I met a wonderful woman named Rebecca Wolfe at the Bully Walk who is a freelance artist here in P-Town. She has started an art project on kickstarter.com to raise funds for shelter pits. Rebecca is raising money to paint portraits of local shelter dogs (mainly Pit Bulls) and wants to sell them to raise money for the shelters that do so much for these homeless dogs. Shelters are always in need of money and supplies, so every bit counts!

I think that this is a great idea and I know that if everyone chipped in, it could really make a difference. Check out her site on kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621849365/the-painted-pitbull-project-portrait-of-a-good-dog

Her pictures are really great! So I posted them for you to see :)



4 comments:

  1. This comment is not related to the above blog entry, but a question about the links for this page. Why is there a link for Oregon Humane Society when they won't even take pits? And yet no links for all of the agencies who take in any homeless pit and work hard to find them homes? Not that OHS doesn't do a lot of good, they do. But when it comes to pits, they do NOT. It baffles me that you would link to them and nobody else that does adopt out great pits.
    ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about all of the policies at OHS, but I do know that right now they have a female American Pit Bull Terrier up for adoption..she looks really sweet and is available! See here: http://www.oregonhumane.org/adopt/detail.asp?animalID=101175

    I'm sure that if for some reason OHS decided to not adopt out or accept pits, they would be hearing from all of us! We love our APBT's, Staffordshire's and all others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and here's another sweet APBT available for adoption at OHS, Russell: http://www.oregonhumane.org/adopt/detail.asp?animalID=102366

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Oregon Humane society does adopt Pit Bulls, because there are many that are available right now. The OHS does wonderful work with all dogs and they are a great resource for education and general help for people who have found strays and lost their pets. As for posting web sites, I am not familiar with any rescues here in Portland, but I am going to look into them. This is a blog about pits, not a rescue in any form. If you are familiar with any rescues, please let me know and I will look into them. All the links I have posted, I have researched or worked with. Thanks for all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete